- BTS Top 10 Best Songs
- How would you describe the style of the video?
- What is the story of the song?
- What is the story of the video?
- How do the story of the song and the video relate?
2018 Play Week
Roenne's plastic usage survey
You have the option to work on any of the items below.
- Continue working on your decimal skills, ask Lisa if you're not sure what skill to work on!
pi day links
- What is π?
- One Million Digits of Pi
- The Beauty of Pi (Artistic representations of π)
- Pi Transformed Visually
- Pi as music (the digits of pi played as a scale)
- Lose Yourself in the Digits (Pi Rap)
- Vi Hart's 2018 Anti-Pi Video
- Tau manifesto (some people think π is wrong!)
- A Song About a Circle Constant (Vi Hart also π is wrong!)
- Anti-Pi Rant (Vi Hart has LOTS of opinions about π)
- Pi, Anyone? The secret to memorizing the tens of thousands of digits
- Find your fave number in π (search your address or birthday – see if it appears!)
Ocean Life – Week of February 27
tides – Week of February 20
Once you've read both articles and watched the video fill out your Oceans & Tides Reflection sheet.
Week of Tuesday, December 12
- Your IXL Assignment
- Choose TWO Articles from the Science & Math NEWSELA Section
- Take the quiz
- On your NEWSELA Post-it, write the article title, and write three "I learned..." sentences and one "I wonder..." sentence.
- Choose TWO videos from TED ED Science & Tech or Mathematics
- Radio Project Research Template (make a copy and share the doc with email@example.com)
- Links for STEM-ians
Tuesday, November 7
- Your IXL Assignment!
- Ted Ed: What happens if you guess?
- Ted Ed: The last banana: A thought experiment in probability
- Ted Ed: Check your intuition: The birthday problem
Thursday, October 26
You can work through these links in whatever order you want! However, you need to make sure you complete all the ones with a star (**).
Read through these four short articles. Write down any important ideas or definitions in your STEM notebook.
Tuesday, October 17
You can work through these links in whatever order you want! However, you need to start with the ones with a star (**).
- ** Production of Sound
- ** Intro to Ratios
- (Practice) Basic Ratios
- (Practice – Challenge) Equivalent Ratios
- ** 15 questions in the IXL Diagnostic
- ** Create Line Plots
- ** Write a Ratio
- ** Write a Ratio: Word Problems
- ** The Physics of Playing Guitar
- What Does Sound Look Like?
- Earworms: Those Songs that get Stuck in Your Head